United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager, Access to Clean Energy in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager, Access to Clean Energy will responsible to support implementation and monitoring of ACE project and other renewable energy related project if required.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
The Project Manager, Access to Clean Energy will perform the following functions-
- Plan, coordinate and implementat the activities of the relevant projects.
- Effective monitoring and reporting on the project activities, and organizing evaluations as required.
- Develop project annual work plans and critical results path in consultation with PMUs, monitor activities of the Projects and ensure accurate and timely reporting to MNRE, UNDP and GEF.
- Ensure 100% delivery against planned project results and financial delivery targets in the work plan. Closely track and monitor work plan and take corrective action.
- Develop and finalize Terms of references for consultant’s/ consultancy firms to be hired to undertake project activities.
- Guide and manage the project team(s).
- Foster partnerships with key national and state government departments and relevant technical institutions working on issues pertaining to clean energy.
- Develop training need assessment exercise, formulate and capacity development plan with inputs from state project managers.
- Manage and track contracts with project partners and flag any potential risks and suggest its mitigation measures.
- Ensure timely contract management and payments.
- Undertake review meetings with partners and field visits to track progress made in implementation of the project and take corrective action as required.
- Facilitate and participate in the periodic review meetings and discussions related to project implementation, monitoring and follow-up.
- Supervise the work of team members or consultants, as may be recruited.
- Support development of strategies for sustainability and upscaling the project activities.
- Any other responsibility related to the project portfolio assigned by the supervisors.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Engineering with 7 years of experience in energy sector or Graduate degree in Engineering with 10 years of experience in energy sector.
- At least 7 years of experience in developing, implementing and monitoring projects in the energy sector.
- At least 3 year’s experience of working on RE based livelihood activities.
- Knowledge and experience of standards and specifications of energy equipment related to solar, biomass, small hydro and wind.
- Knowledge of GEF systems, policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Hindi.
- Nationality of India.