Application Deadline: Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 5:00 pm BST.
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through the Young Professionals Programme (YPP).The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
The Assistant Programmes Officer – Software Development will be responsible for writing Software Code and APIs; undertaking data analytics; producing visualisations; and general data management duties that are needed to support ongoing projects and activities.
To be considered for this role you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 or younger at the time applications close, and possess a strong bachelor degree or equivalent in IT/Computing.
Degrees in related fields such as Mathematics or Engineering may be considered. You should also have at least one year’s experience in the development and deployment of web and mobile applications.
The work experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement, apprenticeship or internship positions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- coding and testing applications for in-house software programs;
- conducting end-user training upon completion of software;
- implementing systems in in-house production environment; developing API platforms and micro-services;
- conducting training for end users on applications;
- contributing to identifying processes for automation; and providing occasional out-of-hours support.
The Assistant Programme Officer – Software Development role is for a two-year non-renewable term.
For More Information