Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is currently seeking an innovative Digital Editor to be part of its Media team. We are looking for someone to engage our members through the ability to write and edit accurate blog posts, manage content and production of e-newsletters, and create and edit videos. We are also looking for someone who has an eye for creative and unique approaches to reach our digital audience.
If this opportunity interests you, please read on to learn more about MPI and the open Digital Editor position.
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is the largest meeting and event industry association worldwide. We are the association for people who bring people together.
Founded in 1972, MPI provides innovative and relevant education, networking opportunities and business exchanges, and acts as a prominent voice for the promotion and growth of the industry. MPI has a global community of 60,000 meeting and event professionals including more than 17,000 engaged members and its Plan Your Meetings audience. It has more than 90 chapters and clubs in 19 countries.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Digital Editor job is ideal for candidates who have knowledge and experience working in a variety of digital platforms creating unique and exciting content. This position will require someone who not only understands the life cycle of digital content, but who has created, edited, and followed their work through this cycle.
Top desired skills are:
- Proven written and copy-editing skills.
- Experience using: MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, DreamWeaver, HTML, and/or comparable editing software.
- Experience producing video content.
- The ability to offer unique and exciting ways to deliver digital content.
Interested candidates are required to submit a copy of their most recent resume, a cover letter. Samples of work will be requested and may be included in the application, but is not immediately necessary.
The MPI Editor-Digital is responsible for generating member value through the creation of original content relevant to our audience and ensuring the overall quality, as well as managing the quantity of MPI’s existing, new and emerging digital content products. This involves research, writing and editing multiple forms of content. This position is also responsible for report generation of data to track usage and impact of content on digital platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation, editing and management of original content, focused on MPI’s e-newsletters, digital edition of The Meeting Professional, website, blogs, social media and video/photo content. Generate original multimedia content for all digital platforms. Develop and nurture necessary relationships with members, agencies, subject matter experts, partners and other representatives to ensure quality sourcing. (60%)
- Production, assembly, layout and tactical execution of original content for MPI’s digital products, focused on MPI’s e-newsletters, digital editions, website, blogs, social media and video/photo content. (30%)
- Manage photography and videography duties for select events at the discretion of the Director of Publishing. (5%)
- Provide weekly reports to the Director of Publishing and assist in the implementation of the overall digital strategy, working to drive/support future decisions through analytics. Maintain and manage MPI and third-party communication lists as needed, including, but not limited to, MPI member opt-in/opt-out email/communications lists. This includes managing third-party vendors. Create reports and maintain list consolidation. (5%)
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 5%
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and recommend technological advancements of selected software to improve the deliverability and effectiveness of the digital campaigns, as well as make strategic recommendations on alternative digital publishing tactics.
- Five or more years’ experience as a content editor/manager in the publishing or multimedia industry, including experience in digital publishing, database management, digital communications distribution or other related industry knowledge including executing email using an Email Service Provider (ESP).
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing/communications, English or equivalent; or five or more years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Driving Results
- Stakeholder Impact
- Inter-personal Impact (collaborative teaming, building relationships that impact results, communicating effectively)
- Business & Functional Effectiveness
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficiency in HTML, SEO, social media, Microsoft Office products, Google Analytics, Web Trends, Photoshop and basic image editing is required. Basic knowledge of graphic design is preferred.
- Knowledge in database/content management or computer programming.
- Digital content development and digital editing competency.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in the workload, changes in assignments, pressures of deadlines, competing requirements and heavy workload.
- Written communications—writes clearly, logically and grammatically correct business correspondence appropriate for publishing.
- Presentation skills—comfortably delivers presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Conflict resolution skills—negotiates and resolves conflicts among team members and cross-functional partners. Stays composed during controversy.
- Knowledge sharing—proactively shares information and seeks to share learning with teams across departments, functions, districts or regions.
- Knowledge of international CANSPAM laws & opts out handling best practices.
- Maintain expert knowledge of email marketing best practices.
- Basic knowledge of digital and video camera equipment, lighting equipment and techniques and related editing software.