Application Deadline: September 14, 2019.
Education grants are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to work in, or with, a developing country to improve the lives of women and/or children.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Applications for Africa program are accepted from May 15, 2019 to September 14, 2019. Queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org during this period. Decisions will be announced in December, 2019.
In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- already be enrolled part time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full time at one of the universities listed below:
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
- be enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January to July 2020)
- Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa must hold a study permit for South Africa.
Estimated expenses should be calculated and expressed in Rand
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2019 Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund